Kitchen Prep Cook – Tyler, TX
Responsible for preparing and cooking food by following basic to moderate recipes Follows established recipe standards, ensuring food quality and safety. Greets, engages and serves guests by fulfilling requests with friendly and service-oriented attitude. Maintains a positive, clean and organized work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes basic skills to prepare recipes to the exact specification of the chef. Produces food consistently high in quality, taste and presentation. Expedites during peak meal periods as needed.
- Answers questions and fulfills product requests by guests.
- Engages guests and uses product knowledge and suggestive selling techniques to promote sales.
- Comply with established sanitation procedures, personal hygiene and health standards. Practice proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Keeps display cases stocked. Rotates product to ensure quality and freshness.
- Participates in all aspects of cleaning and maintaining kitchen including washing/sanitizing dishes and implements, sanitizing surfaces and display cases.
- Cleans and operates machinery and equipment.
- Slices, weighs, packages and labels product. Assists in shrink control.
- Handles sharp objects and operates kitchen equipment.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures. Upholds safe and sanitary working and shopping environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide guest service skills including, communications, friendliness and courtesy.
- Must be knowledgeable at execution of recipes.
- Ability to operate department equipment safely.
- Basic math skills for the purpose of following/converting recipes.
- Ability to read and understand work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, partners and guests.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- May require other federal or state food related certifications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Work environment involves regular exposure to hot and cold temperatures; has physical demands that include but are not limited to: standing and walking (80%), pushing, pulling, maneuvering, and/or lifting objects 40+ lbs.; bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting (20%); close vision and ability to adjust focus required. Noise level in work environment usually loud.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.