Kitchen Partner – Tyler, TX
Greets, engages and serves guests by fulfilling requests with a friendly and service-oriented attitude. Responsible for preparing food by following basic recipes, ensures food safety and performs all aspects of cleaning the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the production of recipes. Follows directive to prepare recipes to the exact specifications of the chef.
- Answers questions and fulfills product requests by guests.
- Engages guests and uses product knowledge and suggestive selling techniques to promote sales.
- Maintains food safety and quality control standards.
- Keeps display cases stocked. Rotates product to ensure quality and freshness.
- Participates in all aspects of cleaning and maintaining kitchen including washing/sanitizing dishes and implements, sanitizing surfaces, equipment and display cases.
- Cleans and operates machinery and equipment.
- Slices, weighs, packages and labels product. Assists in shrink control.
- Handles sharp objects and operates kitchen equipment.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures. Upholds safe and sanitary working and shopping environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide guest service skills including communication, friendliness and courtesy.
- Ability to operate department equipment safely.
- Basic math skills for the purpose of following/converting recipes.
- Ability to read and understand work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, partners and guests.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- May require other federal or state food related certifications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Work environment involves regular exposure to hot and cold temperatures; has physical demands that include but are not limited to: standing and walking (80%), pushing, pulling, maneuvering, and/or lifting objects 40+ lbs.; bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting (20%); close vision and ability to adjust focus required. Noise level in work environment usually loud.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.