FRESH Head Chef
Oversees the kitchen and food service areas and directs department personnel. Serves as a hands-on leader and is directly involved in the preparation of dishes and recipes. Promotes sales by ensuring proper food preparation and presentation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training and developing partners; budgeting, determining pay; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining partners; scheduling, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees and leads the planning, ordering and sourcing of products to ensure proper in-stock conditions and inventory control.
- Serves as the buyer of kitchen and food service related products. Conducts research, interacts with vendors, and makes decisions on product selection.
- Responsible for the profitability of the kitchen and food service areas. Works within the confines of department budget to maximize sales.
- Leads, plans and promotes cooking, tasting and catering events.
- Provides instruction through demonstration culinary techniques and quality standards.
- Responsible for shrink management through out-of-date monitoring and product rotation.
- Ensures kitchen equipment is properly operated and maintained. Complies with established safety, food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Reviews historical data for future estimations such as sales, ads and special events.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Culinary degree and six or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and higher education preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- Food Protection Manager Certification required. May require other state and federal food related certifications.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret information.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods or processes.
- Ability to reason, form concepts, recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written or verbal form.
- Ability to show information in presentation or diagram form.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to occasionally travel to off-site and out-of-town locations with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to work on-call and flexible schedules, including nights’ weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- May be required to drive in accordance with the BGC Driver Policy.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of kitchen, food service, demonstrations and catering operations required.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status.