Deli/Cheese Partner – Tyler, TX
Maintains deli and cheese stock levels and product quality. Greets and serves customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and engages guests with friendly and guest service-oriented attitude.
- Keeps shelves and display cases stocked. Rotates product to ensure quality and freshness.
- Slices, weighs, packages and labels product. Assists in shrink control.
- Uses suggestive selling ideas to promote product sales.
- Assists in pairing deli/cheese with other food items.
- Maintains quality control standards.
- Applies knowledge of all deli/cheese products to take and fill customer requests.
- Samples products to customers.
- Maintains attractive food presentation.
- Cleans glass counter and chrome. Cleans coolers and preparation/production areas.
- Answers guests’ questions and fulfills product requests.
- Cleans and operates machinery and equipment.
- Handles sharp objects and kitchen equipment.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures. Upholds safe and sanitary working and shopping environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide guest service skills including, communications, friendliness and courtesy.
- Ability to operate department equipment safely.
- Knowledgeable of various deli meats and cheeses, and proper pairings with other food items.
- Basic math skills for the purpose of following recipes.
- Ability to read and understand work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, partners, and guests.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Food Handler Certification required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Work environment involves regular exposure to hot and cold temperatures; has physical demands that include but are not limited to: standing and walking (80%), pushing, pulling, maneuvering, and/or lifting objects 40+ lbs.; bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting (20%); close vision and ability to adjust focus required. Noise level in work environment usually loud.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.