An important part of any exercise program is staying hydrated. The fluids lost during a workout or any type of physical activity, especially in high-heat conditions, are important to replace.
Sometimes water is not enough, and many sports drinks are high in sugar, calories or artificial ingredients. That’s why I was excited to discover the Full Circle All Natural Coconut Water. Not to be confused with high-fat coconut milk or oil, coconut water is a clear liquid in the fruit’s center that is tapped from young, green coconuts.
Coconut water has been called Mother Nature’s sports drink, and many athletes swear by it to prevent cramping and dehydration.
Here are a few reasons why I love Full Circle Coconut Water:
- Low in calories, and naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free
- Contains more potassium than four bananas and is an excellent source of Vitamin C
- Coconut water is made up of easily digestible carbohydrates. When you exercise strenuously for an extended period of time, especially in hot conditions, you need easily-absorbed carbs for quick energy and to replace lost electrolytes like sodium and potassium.
- It has a mildly sweet and nutty flavor that is refreshing and thirst-quenching.
- It has fewer calories, less sodium and more potassium than a sports drink. Ounce per ounce, Full Circle Coconut Water contains 5.6 calories, 1.4 grams of sugar, 44 milligrams of potassium and 2.5 milligrams of sodium.
- Plain coconut water can be a better choice for adults and kids looking for a beverage that is less sweet.
So, be sure to grab Full Circle Coconut Water for your next workout. Before and after, it’s a great choice for natural hydration.