Sometimes, I cringe when I see a label that touts gluten-free, vegan AND raw, especially when it involves dessert. My sweet tooth is picky and ravenous, but my obligatory New Year’s get healthy resolution spurred me on to try Hail Merry macaroons, of which you can find in FRESH’s vegan section in a refrigerated case near the Bakery.
Hail Merry is a snack food company born out of the yoga culture that celebrates raw plant-based oils. Their truly great tasting recipes are consciously prepared to protect the integrity of the pure ingredients they source, offering a supreme taste experience. Their award winning non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and kosher certified snacks and desserts are created and manufactured in Dallas, Texas.
My taste buds and I can get behind that, in large part of how amazing these treats taste! They are a perfect amount of sweet and packed with rich flavor. Dehydrated at low temps and made with pure ingredients, enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth macaroons. They are best devoured at room temperature. I found it very difficult to not eat the whole bag in one sitting.
If you can control yourself, here is a recipe made with the Caramel Sea Salt (my favorite!) that you can dazzle your own sweet tooth with!
1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
1-2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tbsp pumpkin puree (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp)
1/4 cup melted organic virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (3.5 oz) bag Hail Merry Caramel Sea Salt Macaroons
1. Combine the cashews, sugar, spice and salt in your food processor, and whiz until finely ground or powdered. It may start to clump a little; that is fine.
2. Add the cashew mixture, pumpkin, oil, maple syrup and vanilla to your food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Press the macaroons into 8 mini tartlet or cupcake molds/tins. They will hold together well and can even be shaped into a tartlet shape without a mold or tin.
4. Divide the cashew filling evenly between the tartlet cups. Place in the refrigerator to set up.
5. To serve, garnish as desired with whipped coconut cream, fresh mint sprig and berries. Enjoy!