In my humble opinion, flowers are the most important element in setting the tone of your big day. This year wedding flowers are dramatic and meaningful. Based on emerging trends, we have a few tips to consider when planning your bridal bouquet and centerpieces:
1. Saturated Color – Bold, bright color is back! Instead of multi-color arrangements, choose your favorite dramatic hue and vary the type and texture of the flowers.
2. Heirloom Pieces – Everything from brooches to pearls are being used to make bouquets beautiful, and they make a fabulous keepsake for your bridal party. For the bridal bouquet, incorporate a “something borrowed” family heirloom like grandma’s antique hatpin.
3. Something Old – Lace is a popular way to wrap the stems of bouquets. Incorporate small pieces into boutonnieres to tie it all together!
4. Anemones Are In – Anemones are delicate flowers from the buttercup family that come in white, purple, pink, and red shades. They are available from late December to late June.
5. Be square – Instead of a boutonniere or handkerchief in the pocket of the groomsmen’s’ tuxedos, try a small flower arrangement designed to slip into the pocket.