Ah, September. Kind of like the groundhog seeing its shadow, September could signal the end to the brutal heat of summer … or it could carry on for a few more weeks. When I was growing up between Lubbock and Amarillo, September meant you could be wearing shorts one day and a heavy winter coat the next. No matter where you live, Labor Day is the unofficial signal to the end of BBQ season, the end of jet skis on the lake, the time you savor those last few tomatoes fresh off the vine. .
But take heart—all is not gone and forgotten!! September also brings with it…well…a FRESH point of view! Coming are the days of Butternut Squash Soup, Stuffed Acorn Squash, this year’s FRESH crop of apples. You know it’s fall when you begin seeing Pomegranates filling the bins. Honestly, aren’t you just a little bit ready to give the grill a rest and get out the crock pot and use it for something other than icing down whatever it is you ice down??
For moms and dads everywhere, fall brings its own crazy hectic pace, dropping kids off to school, cheerleader practice, football practice, picking kids up from school….wait….FOOTBALL practice! That means Friday night football, Saturday college football and Sunday pro football. That means before the game parties, during the game parties, after the game parties…could make a body tired just thinking of all that cooking. DON’T DO IT!!
Blasphemy you say?? Not at all. For all your tailgating or man cave needs, call the FRESH Catering Department and let us do the work so you can relax before the onslaught of big weird wigs and painted faces
As quickly as time flies by these days, it’s not too early to begin making holiday meal plans. I know there are still some folks who enjoy getting up in the middle of the night to put your turkey into the oven But, why would you?? You do the planning, we’ll do the cooking. Don’t wait until the last minute, though. We are already getting inquiries for Thanksgiving meals and Christmas parties. And with Chefs Casey and Michael at the helm, you can bet that won’t be your Aunt Sadie’s Pecan Covered Cheese Ball in the middle of the tray.
Whether you’re a tailgater, a man caver, planning a girl’s night out, an office lunch, office party, wedding, or you just plain don’t feel like cooking FRESH catering has something to fit any want, need, desire or whimsy.
- Our signature Brioche Slider platter—nobody makes ‘em like we do—fits any occasion. Choose from seven different sandwiches and mix, match, or order all of one kind. A flavor fave lately is our Apricot Chicken Salad on a Brioche Slider roll. A small platter (15 yummy sliders) is $40. A large platter (30 sliders) is $70. As with all our platters, we estimate a small platter will satisfy 8-10 guests and a large is good for 16-20.
- We already said you could give the grill a rest—our house smoked BBQ is $8 per pound for Texas Brisket or our Sweet and Spicy Molasses Pulled Pork, and only $9 for St. Louis Ribs. Don’t forget your Yard Birds at $7 each. There’s nothing worse than a dried out bird, but ours are
- For early risers, we have more than our fabuloso breakfast tacos. We’ve just introduced our own House Made Signature Organic Granola made by….me! Crunchy pecans and walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, coconut, oats and a fruit basket full of goodies like cranberries, blueberries, currants and dried apricots. There is no processed sugar—I use organic brown rice syrup and it is spiced with Cinnamon, Ginger, All Spice, Nutmeg, Orange Zest and Vanilla Bean. Pair it up with So Delicious Coconut Milk (I prefer the red carton) or yogurt, and you’re all set.
- Our Taco Bar ($6 per person) has already become a Tyler favorite. You get all the traditional fixins’ to go along with them, and you can choose from Adobo Chicken, Carnitas, Carne Asada, Smoked Chicken and Texas Barbacoa. Even though the tacos come with their own salsas, you’d be making a mistake to pass up on a Dip Trio or our own recipe for Guacamole. And no one else has our FRESH tortilla chips.
- Who doesn’t love a potato? Our New Potato Sliders are one or two bites of pure potato pleasure. You can get them stuffed with Pimento Cheese, Creamy Crab and Basil, Andouille Sausage or (my favorite) Pulled Pork with Sharp White Cheddar Cheese. Buy them by the dozen.
- Maybe you’re looking for something on the lighter side. We offer seven styles of Salad in a box for $9. Each one comes with cut fruit, a baby French baguette and a homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- If your taste buds are jumping for something a little more upscale, we can fix you up with Beef Tenderloin, Smoked Salmon, Shrimp and Crab Cakes.
People!! Holler if you hear me…we’ve got you covered. If we don’t already have it, we can make it! Please remember, now that the kids are in school, we’re getting busier every day. Our request is that you give us as much notice as possible so we can fulfill your requests. Some things require more notice than others
Most orders can be filled within 24 hours, but some of our pastry items, items that are not on our menu, and even a few that are, take a little more lead time. If you find out at the last minute you have company coming, don’t fret. We can put orders together from items we have in our Chef Prepared case. Our pledge to you is to do everything we can to make your party happen with excellence, and you can count on FRESH to “share the wonders of food…..”