If you’re at all interested in organic and natural foods, you’ve probably heard of Applegate Farms.
For 20 years, the New Jersey company has been making natural and organic sausage, sandwich meats, bacon, cheese, even hot dogs. It’s based on its founder’s central belief, that meat products can be made humanely and naturally. For instance, the company gets its meat from about 300 family farms, all of which raise their animals humanely, without relying on antibiotics or hormones
Of course, this wouldn’t matter much if their products didn’t taste good. And they do. In fact, when we were looking to add more sandwich meats to our Charcuterie counter, we taste-tested several lines. Applegate products were clear winners, so we recently added their Applegate Farms deli-counter meats to our lineup. (We already sell products like Applegate sausages in other areas of the store.)
The new additions not only give you more choices for your sandwiches, salads, and cold-cut platters, but let you have a healthier option as well. Applegate promises there’s no mystery to their meat:
- The company uses natural and organic whole-muscle meat, not mystery cuts or fillers.
- Products are made from livestock that eat a vegetarian diet, free of animal by-products and without artificial growth stimulants.
- No artificial nitrates or nitrates! Celery juice and sea salt are used as preservatives instead.
- The sandwich meats are gluten-free and casein-free, so they’re a great option for those with celiac disease, or food sensitivities or allergies.
Come taste the high quality for yourself. Now available, sliced to order at our counter, are these nine varieties:
- Natural Genoa salami
- Natural pepperoni
- Roasted chicken breast
- Smoked chicken breast
- Natural maple sugar ham
- Honey maple turkey
- Natural turkey pastrami
- Natural southwestern turkey